Hung Bui on building a world class AI organization.
Hung Bui is the CEO of VinAI, a premier Artificial Intelligence research-based company developing world-class products and services. Hung assembled the VinAI team just over three years ago and they are now among the Top 20 Global Companies in AI Research in 2022. In this episode we discuss their current research projects, plus their strategy for transitioning research ideas into real-world products.
Highlights in the video version:
- What is VinAI?
Building an AI group from scratch
Publishing at top-tier conferences
Training AI talent
Practical AI apps produced by VinAI
AI infrastructure at VinAI
Speech applications by VinAI
Challenges in building a world class AI team in Vietnam
Assessing when a research idea is ready to be used in real-world applications
Privacy and Responsible AI
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- FREE Report: 2022 Trends in Data, Machine Learning, and AI
- Machine Learning Trends You Need To Know
- What is Graph Intelligence?
- Mark Chen of OpenAI: How DALL·E works
- Jack Clark: The 2022 AI Index
- Piotr Żelasko: The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Speech Data
- Christopher Nguyen: Bringing data and knowledge together for AI applications
- fastdup: Introducing a new free tool for curating image datasets at scale
If you enjoyed this episode, please support our work by encouraging your friends and colleagues to subscribe to our newsletter:
[Image: Blätter by Martha Alber; photo taken by Ben Lorica.]