The Data Exchange Podcast: Mikio Braun and Ben Lorica on tools, models, applications, and risks to look out for in 2020.
Subscribe: iTunes, Android, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and RSS.
In this episode of the Data Exchange, I speak with my podcast co-organizer Mikio Braun, data scientist at GetYourGuide, and a former machine learning researcher and data architect. Mikio and I go out on a limb and speculate about new trends in AI and Data that we think people should pay attention to in 2020.
NLP in industry survey: We want to find out how people are using NLP, what tools they are using, and what challenges they face. Please take 5 minutes to fill out our survey and pass it along to your friends and colleagues.
Our conversation spanned many topics, and we listed trends in:
- Models: reinforcement learning, deep learning, language models, and related topics.
- Applications: including emerging use cases for reinforcement learning.
- Infrastructure and Tools: end-to-end machine learning platforms, the importance of distributed computing, etc.
- Managing risks: privacy, security, safety, fairness, etc.
- Emerging technologies to watch for in 2020.
Subscribe to our Newsletter:
We also publish a popular newsletter where we share highlights from recent episodes, trends in AI / machine learning / data, and a collection of recommendations.
- Mikio Braun on “Building big data systems in academia and industry”
- Mikio Braun on “Practical machine learning techniques for building intelligent applications”
- Rajat Monga on “The evolution of TensorFlow and of machine learning infrastructure”
- Eric Liang on “Functional RL with Keras and Tensorflow Eager”
Comments are closed.