The Data Exchange Podcast: Mikio Braun and Ben Lorica on tools, models, applications, and risks to look out for in 2021.
In this episode of the Data Exchange, our special correspondent and editor Jenn Webb organized a mini-panel composed of myself and my podcast co-organizer Mikio Braun. We began our conversation by taking a look back at some of the trends we highlighted from last year which included applications of reinforcement learning, end-to-end machine learning platforms, and many other. This year we organized trends in the following categories:
- Tools for building and managing machine learning and AI applications.
- Foundational data technologies.
- (Cloud) Computing and Hardware.
- Emerging trends in AI.
This episode provides a sneak peak to a formal report that comes out on January 27, 2021. Sign up below and we will send you a copy of our 2021 Trends in Data and AI report as soon as it comes out.
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Ben and Mikio Braun: “Key AI and Data Trends for 2020”
- Paco Nathan and Ben Lorica in conversation with Jenn Webb: “Tools for scaling machine learning”
- Dan Geer and Andrew Burt: “Security and privacy for the disoriented”
- Navigate the road to Responsible AI
- One Simple Chart: most companies use multiple cloud providers
- AI and Automation meets BI
- The Ideal Foundation for a General Purpose Serverless Platform
- Take the AI in Healthcare Industry Survey and get a free pass to the Healthcare NLP Summit 2021.
[Image: Canon EOS-1 with Canon EF USM Super Telephoto L lens as observation deck – Hong Kong – 12 April 2013 from Wikimedia.]