Rick Lamers on building a data science workbench on top of a popular orchestration framework.
Rick Lamers is co-Founder and CEO at Orchest, the startup behind an open source project that enables data scientists to create, manage, and execute complex end-to-end data pipelines. Orchest is an elegant development tool built on top of Argo Workflows, a widely used framework for orchestrating parallel jobs on Kubernetes.
Highlights in the video version:
- Origin story of Orchest
Difference between Orchest and other orchestration tools
Interaction with programming languages
Data products, ETL, and pipelines
Orchest users and contributors
Difference between Orchest open source and Orchest the company
Data integration trends
Who should try Orchest today?
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Jeremiah Lowin: Dataflow Automation
- Haytham Abuelfutuh: Orchestrating Machine Learning Applications
- Nick Schrock: Software-defined Assets
- Data Pegacorns: Introducing the Data $100M Revenue Club
- The Data Integration Market
- Distributed Computing for AI: A Status Report
- Pardhu Gunnam and Mars Lan: Why You Need a Modern Metadata Platform