Michele Catasta on AI tools for building software collaboratively.
Michele Catasta is VP of AI at Replit, an AI-powered software development platform that allows teams to build and deploy applications on any device, without any setup required. This conversation revolves around Generative AI and its implications in coding and software development. The discussion delves into the role of models and training data, the quality of the code produced by current models, and the need for more focus on User Experience (UX). The conversation also explores the changing paradigms of development tools and the need for guardrails as more people from diverse backgrounds start writing code. Michele also touches upon the future of software development, with AI playing a significant role in redefining how we write software.
Interview highlights – key sections from the video version:
- Overview of Replit
- Quality of AI for coding and software development
- LLMs, Fine Tuning, and retrieval augmented generation, all in the context of coding and software development applications
- Training data
- Quality of software code produced by AI models
- Risk mitigation and Responsible AI, in the context of AI models for coding and software development
- Intellectual property concerns
- Key AI trends that Michele is most excited about
- Next-gen UX for software development
- Closing thoughts on models and IP concerns
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Alignment in AI: Key to Safe and Beneficial Systems
- Generative AI in Action: How Developers Utilize AI/ML Tools across Tasks
- Brian Raymond: ETL for LLMs
- Jerry Liu: An Open Source Data Framework for LLMs
- Andrew Feldman: The Rise of Custom Foundation Models
- Tim Davis: Redefining AI Infrastructure
- Amin Ahmad: LLMs Are the Key to Unlocking the Next Generation of Search
- Dylan Patel: The Open Source Stack Unleashing a Game-Changing AI Hardware Shift
If you enjoyed this episode, please support our work by encouraging your friends and colleagues to subscribe to our newsletter: