Brandon Jenkins on a new platform for providing capital to startups in the data infrastructure space.
Subscribe: Apple • Spotify • Stitcher • Google • AntennaPod • Podcast Addict • Amazon • RSS.
Brandon Jenkins, Co-founder and COO of Fundrise, the largest direct-to-individuals alternative investment platform in the country. They buy, own, and operate portfolios of “alternative assets” or what might sometimes be called “private market assets” such as real estate private equity, venture capital, or private credit, and make them available to individual investors directly through our platform.
Our conversation centered on their recent foray into technology investing, specifically startup companies in the data infrastructure space. The plan is to provide users of Fundrise access to a diversified set of promising startups in the data infrastructure space.
Interview highlights – key sections from the video version:
- What is Fundrise?
- What is needed to build a platform like Fundrise?
- Liquidity risks and alternative assets
- Fundrise as a platform for investing in technology startups
- Targeting a broad spectrum of data startups in the Series B stage and beyond
- Technology startups and Fundrise users
- How Fundrise complements tradtional VCs
- Why Fundrise is focusing on data infrastructure startups, at least to start
- Due diligence
- Direct listings
- How founders can start working with Fundrise
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- FREE Report: 2023 Trends in Data, Machine Learning, and AI
- Jesse Anderson and Evan Chan: 2023 Trends in Data Engineering and Infrastructure
- Karthik Ramasamy: Project Lightspeed: Next-generation Spark Streaming
- Bob van Luijt: An open source, production grade vector search engine
- Frank Liu: A Cloud Native Vector Database Management System
- Ram Sriharsha: A new storage engine for vectors
- FREE Report: 2022 Workflow Orchestration Survey Report
If you enjoyed this episode, please support our work by encouraging your friends and colleagues to subscribe to our newsletter:
[Image: Portfolio of data infrastructure startups, by Ben Lorica (using image generated via Stable Diffusion and icons from Infogram).]