The Data Exchange Podcast: Paco Nathan on data governance, AutoML, notebooks, and deep learning libraries.
In this episode of the Data Exchange, I speak with Paco Nathan, author, teacher, and founder of Derwen.ai, a boutique consulting firm specializing in Data, ML, and AI. Paco consults with companies and speaks before audiences all over the world, and I plan to have him as a frequent guest on this podcast to draw on his observations of diverse organizations.
This particular conversation spanned many topics, including:
- Data Governance: Paco’s talk on the topic.
- AutoML: Paco’s talk on the topic.
- PyTorch and TensorFlow: links to the posts we discussed — , 
- The Bank of England report: “Machine learning in UK financial services”
- Reproducibility and feature selection
- The Streamlit open source project for ML app development, and Grus Law (“if you can think up something crazy and/or dangerous to do with notebooks, people are doing it.”)
My collaborators and I want this to be more than just a podcast. We want to create a community to help people make better decisions. A key part of this is getting you involved. We have ideas on how this community will grow, but as a first step, I want to ask a question related to one of the topics that Paco and I discussed: PyTorch and TensorFlow. We’d love to have you weigh in by filling out the form below. We will report on results and key insights in a future episode of this podcast:
[Survey question can also be found here: https://bit.ly/2oZyIk0 ]
- Jesse Anderson and Paco Nathan on “What machine learning engineers need to know”
- “Becoming a machine learning company means investing in foundational technologies”
- “Managing machine learning in the enterprise: Lessons from banking and health care”
Subscribe to our Newsletter:
We also publish a popular newsletter where we share highlights from recent episodes, trends in AI / machine learning / data, and a collection of recommendations.