Ben Lorica, Mikio Braun, and Jenn Webb on topics and themes to watch in 2023.
Highlights in the video version:
- Generative AI is one of the hottest areas for startups and startup funding
- Given the role of Large Language Models in Generative AI: tools for understanding, testing, and evaluating large (language) models
- Training AND Maintaining Large Models puts the spotlight on Efficiency AND Sustainability
- Given the large number of potential users of AI & machine learning, there are strong incentives to make ML and AI tools even more accessible to non experts.
- Data management and data processing tools for unstructured data: text, visual data, and speech/audio data
- Renewed interest in streaming; continued investments in data integration and data pipeline tools
- Data Engineers and Data Teams are able to focus more on things like governance and on operational tasks
- AI and Data teams will be caught flat-footed by the coming wave of regulations
- New AI Pegacorns will come from startups that focus on Applications
- Geopolitics and AI
- Security and Privacy
- New tools for building multi-cloud applications and platforms
- With recent changes at Twitter, where will the online [data science / ML / AI / data engineering] communities end up?
If you enjoyed this episode, please support our work by encouraging your friends and colleagues to subscribe to our newsletter: