The Data Exchange Podcast: Solmaz Shahalizadeh on product development and product management in the machine learning era.
In this episode of the Data Exchange I speak with Solmaz Shahalizadeh, VP and Head of Data Science and Data Platform Engineering at Shopify. Shopify is a powerhouse in ecommerce and their technology powers over a million businesses worldwide. Solmaz is a frequent speaker and presenter at conferences throughout the world and she has played a critical role in helping Shopify scale its data and machine learning infrastructure.
Our conversation covered many important technical and business topics including:
- Building and scaling machine learning data products.
- Building and scaling data teams.
- Data informed product building.
Our goal in this podcast is to build a community of people interested in Data, Machine Learning and AI. If you have suggestions for us on what to recommend (books, conferences, links), and guests to book, please visit TheDataExchange.media site and fill out the “contact” form.
- Bahman Bahmani: “Business at the speed of AI: Lessons from Rakuten”
- Krishna Gade: “What businesses need to know about model explainability”
- Dean Wampler: “Scalable Machine Learning, Scalable Python, For Everyone”
- Morten Dahl: “The state of privacy-preserving machine learning”
- Rajat Monga: “The evolution of TensorFlow and of machine learning infrastructure”
- Dafna Shahaf: “Computational humanness, analogy and innovation, and soft concepts”
- “Key AI and Data Trends for 2020”
Subscribe to our Newsletter:
We have an occasional newsletter where we share highlights from recent episodes, trends in AI / machine learning / data, and a collection of recommendations.
[Image: “HapagLloyd5” by Dean Wampler; used with permission.]