The Data Exchange Podcast: Solmaz Shahalizadeh on product development and product management in the machine learning era.
In this episode of the Data Exchange I speak with Solmaz Shahalizadeh, VP and Head of Data Science and Data Platform Engineering at Shopify. Shopify is a powerhouse in ecommerce and their technology powers over a million businesses worldwide. Solmaz is a frequent speaker and presenter at conferences throughout the world and she has played a critical role in helping Shopify scale its data and machine learning infrastructure.
Our conversation covered many important technical and business topics including:
- Building and scaling machine learning data products.
- Building and scaling data teams.
- Data informed product building.
Subscribe to our Newsletter:
We also publish a popular newsletter where we share highlights from recent episodes, trends in AI / machine learning / data, and a collection of recommendations.
- Bahman Bahmani: “Business at the speed of AI: Lessons from Rakuten”
- Krishna Gade: “What businesses need to know about model explainability”
- Dean Wampler: “Scalable Machine Learning, Scalable Python, For Everyone”
- Morten Dahl: “The state of privacy-preserving machine learning”
- Rajat Monga: “The evolution of TensorFlow and of machine learning infrastructure”
- Dafna Shahaf: “Computational humanness, analogy and innovation, and soft concepts”
- “Key AI and Data Trends for 2020”
[Image: “HapagLloyd5” by Dean Wampler; used with permission.]