Devin Petersohn on the current state and future roadmap of Modin.
Subscribe: Apple • Android • Spotify • Stitcher • Google • AntennaPod • RSS.
Devin Petersohn is CTO and co-founder of Ponder, and the creator of Modin, a fast, scalable, drop-in replacement for the popular Pandas library. We discussed the current state of Modin, some stellar use cases, and the project’s near-term roadmap. In this episode, we explore one of the best Python tools for data scientists.
Highlights in the video version:
- Introduction to Devin Petersohn
What led you to Modin and what was your initial goal?
Modin and pandas
Are some practitioners pushing pandas to production?
pandas is here to stay
SQL and pandas
Are practitioners already using cluster implementation of Modin in production?
What is Ponder and what is its mission?
What is the difference between Ponder and other data science platforms?
Difference between Modin open source and Ponder
The Modin ecosystem
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Jeremiah Lowin: Dataflow Automation
- The Data Integration Market
- Haytham Abuelfutuh: Orchestrating Machine Learning Applications
- Pardhu Gunnam and Mars Lan: Why You Need a Modern Metadata Platform
- Michel Tricot: Modernizing Data Integration