Haytham Abuelfutuh on building an orchestration solution for modern data and machine learning applications.
Subscribe: Apple • Android • Spotify • Stitcher • Google • AntennaPod • RSS.
Haytham Abuelfutuh is co-founder and CTO of Union, a startup founded by the team behind Flyte, a popular open source project originated by Lyft. Flyte is a workflow automation platform used for many different applications, but especially as an orchestrator for machine learning applications.
Highlights in the video version:
- Introduction to Haytham Abuelfutuh
What is Flyte?
Workflow key components
Machine Learning and workflows
Importance of Machine Learning pipelines
When is orchestration needed?
Building a basic pipeline
Notable users and their characteristics
Monitoring, ease of use, and dashboards
Who uses Flyte?
Integration with other execution engines
Roadmap for Flyte and Union AI
Difference between Flyte and Union AI
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Jeremiah Lowin: Dataflow Automation
- The Data Integration Market
- Data Pegacorns: Introducing the Data $100M Revenue Club
- Distributed Computing for AI: A Status Report
- Pardhu Gunnam and Mars Lan: Why You Need a Modern Metadata Platform
- Michel Tricot: Modernizing Data Integration
[Image by Pete Linforth from Pixabay.]