Hilary Mason on how AI can be used to create playable role playing games.
This week’s guest is Hilary Mason, co-founder of Hidden Door, a startup that uses AI and machine learning to help create and power role-playing games (RPG). Hidden Door creates RPGs based on user inputs and their platform dynamically generates the text, the art, the composition based on users choices and what they decide ought to happen next. Our conversation centered on Hidden Door and its underlying technology. We also talked about the current state of data science, and Hilary’s upcoming keynote at the Data+AI Summit in San Francisco.
Highlights in the video version:
- Introduction to Hilary Mason and Hidden Door
What is a role playing game?
User interface for Hidden Door
Machine learning models as a co-creative tool
How does the model improve and learn over time?
Language, key building blocks, and texts
Source of millions of stories
Combining your interests to build something significant
State of data science
Narrative AI use cases
Large language models and multimodal models
Responsible AI and Cybersecurity
What are you going to talk about at the Data+AI Summit?
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Jack Clark: The 2022 AI Index
- Nic Hohn and Max Pumperla: Reinforcement Learning in Real-World Applications
- Olivia Liao: Data Science at Stitch Fix
- Wendy Foster: Data Science at Shopify
- Sean Taylor: Changes to the data science role and to data science tools
- Resurgence of Conversational AI