Jon Udell on why data and AI teams should explore Steampipe.
Subscribe: Apple • Android • Spotify • Stitcher • Google • AntennaPod • RSS.
Jon Udell is community lead for Steampipe, an open-source tool that populates a database table with data retrieved from APIs. They use Postgres, which means that data is easy to explore and retrieve using SQL. The list of plugins includes popular sites like GitHub and Hackernews, web services like AWS and Azure, data sources like Airtable, Google sheets, CSV files and more. Teams are always looking for new sources of data, and Steampipe’s growing collection is a welcome addition.
Subscribe to the Gradient Flow Newsletter.
Highlights in the video version:
- What is Steampipe and who are the target personas?
Data sources, plugins, and SQL queries
Process of writing new plugins
Popular data sourcea
Difference between the open source and enterprise version
Benefits of the hosted offering
Accessing Steampipe and status of Steampipe Cloud
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Danny Bickson and Amir Alush: Data Infrastructure for Computer Vision
- Summer of Orchestration
- A Guide to Data Annotation and Synthetic Data Generation Tools
- The Data Pegacorns
- The Data Integration Market
[Image: Streaming Flow by Ben Lorica; images from Infogram.]