The Data Exchange Podcast: Edo Liberty on building tools for deploying deep learning models in search and information retrieval.
In this episode of the Data Exchange I speak with Edo Liberty, founder of Hypercube, a startup building tools for deploying deep learning models in search and information retrieval involving large collections. When I spoke at AI Week in Tel Aviv last November several friends encouraged me to learn more about Hypercube – I’m glad I took their advice!
Our conversation covered several topics including:
- Edo’s experience applying machine learning and building tools for ML at places like Yale, Yahoo’s Research Lab in New York, and Amazon’s AI Lab.
- How deep learning is being used in search and information retrieval.
- Challenges one faces in building search and information retrieval applications when the size of collections are large.
- Deep learning based search and information retrieval and what Edo describes as “enterprise end-to-end deep search platforms”.
Our goal in this podcast is to build a community of people interested in Data, Machine Learning and AI. If you have suggestions for us on what to recommend (books, conferences, links), and guests to book, please visit TheDataExchange.media site and fill out the “contact” form.
- Dean Wampler: “Scalable Machine Learning, Scalable Python, For Everyone”
- Edmon Begoli: “Hyperscaling natural language processing”
- Dafna Shahaf: “Computational humanness, analogy and innovation, and soft concepts”
- Rajat Monga: “The evolution of TensorFlow and of machine learning infrastructure”
- “Key AI and Data Trends for 2020”
- David Talby: “Building domain specific natural language applications”
Subscribe to our Newsletter:
We have an occasional newsletter where we share highlights from recent episodes, trends in AI / machine learning / data, and a collection of recommendations.
[Image: “Green Roof, California Academy of Sciences” by Dean Wampler; used with permission.]