The Data Exchange Podcast: Wes McKinney on the importance of having a shared infrastructure for data science.
Subscribe: iTunes, Android, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and RSS.
In this episode of the Data Exchange I speak with Wes McKinney, Director of Ursa Labs and an Apache Arrow PMC Member. Wes is the creator of pandas, one of the most widely used Python libraries for data science. He is also the author of the best-selling book, “Python for Data Analysis” – a book that has become essential reading for both aspiring and experienced data scientists.
Our conversation focused on data science tools and other topics including:
- Two open source projects Wes has long been associated with: pandas and Apache Arrow.
- The need for a shared infrastructure for data science.
- Ursa Labs: its mission and structure.
Subscribe to our Newsletter:
We also publish a popular newsletter where we share highlights from recent episodes, trends in AI / machine learning / data, and a collection of recommendations.
- Dean Wampler: “Scalable Machine Learning, Scalable Python, For Everyone”
- Evan Sparks: “An open source platform for training deep learning models”
- Rajat Monga: “The evolution of TensorFlow and of machine learning infrastructure”
- Edo Liberty: “How deep learning is being used for search and information retrieval”
- Edmon Begoli: “Hyperscaling natural language processing”
- Solmaz Shahalizadeh: “Business at the speed of AI: Lessons from Shopify”
[Image: Irrigating the desert by Dean Wampler, used with permission.]
Comments are closed.