Patrick Hall and Agus Sudjianto on tools, techniques, best practices for Responsible AI.
Patrick Hall, is co-founder of BNH1 and a visiting faculty member of decision sciences at the George Washington University School of Business. Agus Sudjianto, EVP, Head of Corporate Model Risk at Wells Fargo. We explore several topics covered in the new book Machine Learning for High-Risk Applications, co-authored by Patrick and with a foreword by Agus. This book provides practitioners with the knowledge and tools to develop and deploy responsible machine learning models. It covers model risk management, explainable models, and debugging for reliability, safety, bias, security, and privacy.
Interview highlights – key sections from the video version:
- Motivation for writing a book on ML for High-Risk Applications
- Status update on AI regulations
- Diving into interpretable ML and explainable ML
- Debugging machine learning systems for safety and performance
- State of tools for testing models, including alignment tools
- Incident response and Responsible AI teams
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Raymond Perrault: 2023 AI Index
- Chris Wiggins: How Data and AI Happened
- Gabriela Zanfir-Fortuna and Andrew Burt: Preparing for the Implementation of the EU AI Act and Other AI Regulations
- Peter Norvig and Alfred Spector: Data Science and AI in Context
- Christopher Nguyen: Building Safe and Reliable AI applications
If you enjoyed this episode, please support our work by encouraging your friends and colleagues to subscribe to our newsletter:
 Ben Lorica is an advisor to BNH and other startups.