The Data Exchange Podcast: Amy Heineike on deploying language technologies to a wide range of domains.
Subscribe: iTunes, Android, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and RSS.
In this episode of the Data Exchange I speak with Amy Heineike, Principal Product Architect at Primer.ai, a startup building machines that can read and write. Primer recently used their technology to build COVID-19 Primer, a web site that provides an overview of the latest research papers, media coverage, and social media conversations pertaining to COVID-19.
Our conversation focused on a range of topics including:
You can view a video version of this conversation on our YouTube channel.
- Building a startup and products focused on natural language technologies
- Automatic text summarization
- Entity extraction and entity resolution
Subscribe to our Newsletter:
We also publish a popular newsletter where we share highlights from recent episodes, trends in AI / machine learning / data, and a collection of recommendations.
- My Twitter thread on Amy Heineike’s recent keynote at the Spark+AI Summit.
- Matthew Honnibal: “Building open source developer tools for language applications”
- David Talby: “Building domain specific natural language applications”
- Evan Sparks: “An open source platform for training deep learning models”
- Dafna Shahaf: “Computational humanness, analogy and innovation, and soft concepts”
- Morten Dahl: “The state of privacy-preserving machine learning”
- Robert Munro: “Human-in-the-loop machine learning”
- Solmaz Shahalizadeh: “Business at the speed of AI: Lessons from Shopify”
[Image by Victor Perez from Pixabay]