The Data Exchange Podcast: Rob Munro on natural language technologies, and building products in the age of machine learning.
In this episode of the Data Exchange I speak with Rob Munro, CEO of Machine Learning Consulting and author of the forthcoming book, “Human-in-the-loop Machine Learning”. If you want a copy of Rob’s book, use the discount code podexchange20.
Our conversation covered:
- Rob’s experience building data and machine learning products at Powerset, Idibon, and AWS.
- Natural language processing – Given Rob’s extensive experience as a researcher, practitioner, and entrepreneur in areas that touch on NLP, we discussed recent trends in language technologies.
- Human-in-the-loop machine learning.
Our goal in this podcast is to build a community of people interested in Data, Machine Learning and AI. If you have suggestions for us on what to recommend (books, conferences, links), and guests to book, please visit TheDataExchange.media site and fill out the “contact” form. The first five people who fill out the form get a free copy of Rob Munro’s upcoming book.
- Edo Liberty: “How deep learning is being used in search and information retrieval”
- Edmon Begoli: “Hyperscaling natural language processing”
- David Talby: “Building domain specific natural language applications”
- Dafna Shahaf: “Computational humanness, analogy and innovation, and soft concepts”
- “Key AI and Data Trends for 2020”
Subscribe to our Newsletter:
We also publish a popular newsletter where we share highlights from recent episodes, trends in AI / machine learning / data, and a collection of recommendations.
[Image: Chime Generator Model Detail for the Long Now Clock by Dean Wampler, used with permission.]