Ben Lorica and Christopher Nguyen on the state of Generative AI and LLMs.
Christopher Nguyen is CEO and Co-founder of Aitomatic, a startup that builds virtual advisors tailored with domain-specific expertise, primarily catering to industrial AI applications. This episode is structured around observations about the state of Generative AI. We delve into the evolving world of Generative AI and Large Language Models (LLMs), discussing their potential applications, the importance of cross-functional collaboration in AI initiatives, and the emergence of concepts like AI hallucination and Retrieval-Augmented Generation. We also highlight the need for custom foundation models, a new wave of data engineering tools, and the role of user-friendly interfaces and transparency in enhancing user experience and accessibility.
Interview highlights – key sections from the video version:
- Companies have identified many potential uses cases for LLMs and Generative AI
- LLMs have expanded the number of personas involved in AI initiatives
- Teams realize they need to use custom foundation models
- The concept of Hallucination has entered the mainstream
- Retrieval-augmented Generation is a natural starting point for many teams
- Foundation Models and RAG require a new set of data engineering and data management tools
- There’s a lot of interest in Fine Tuning LLMs
- Knowing when and how to use fine tuning requires experimentation
- We need new tools for optimizing, deploying, and maintaining large models
- We are in the very early stages of understanding how to build Generative AI applications.
- AI teams need to document the steps they are taking to manage risks associated with Generative AI models
- Generative AI will redefine and eliminate some jobs, but it will also pave the way for new roles
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Building a Fleet of Custom LLMs: 7 Key Features Every Team Needs
- The Future of Creativity: The Intersection of AI and Copyright
- The Financial Services Sector’s March into Generative AI
- Daniel Lenton → Ivy – The One-Stop Interface for AI Model Deployment and Development
- Michele Catasta → Software Development with AI and LLMs
- Brian Raymond → ETL for LLMs
- Jerry Liu → An Open Source Data Framework for LLMs
- Steve Hsu → Using LLMs to Build AI Co-pilots for Knowledge Workers
If you enjoyed this episode, please support our work by encouraging your friends and colleagues to subscribe to our newsletter: