Jonas Andrulis on packaging and building Foundation Models to provide enterprise AI solutions that are more reliable and trustworthy than anything else on the market.
Jonas Andrulis is the Founder & CEO Aleph Alpha, a startup that provides enterprise software solutions backed with their own large language models and multimodal models. The startup currently focuses on catering to “critical enterprises” such as law firms, healthcare providers, and financial institutions, which require dependable and precise information. These organizations are unlikely to opt for solutions like ChatGPT and other large language models notorious for inaccuracies and lack of domain-specific information. In contrast, Aleph Alpha offers a more reliable solution by providing sources and citations for its responses, making it a preferred choice for businesses that prioritize accuracy and trustworthiness.
Highlights in the video version:
- What is Aleph Alpha and describe its origin story?
- Custom Foundation Models and the importance of Data
- Enterprise requirements and enterprise features
- Branding themselves as being “Made in Europe” and as a “European AI technology”
- Tackling Hallucination
- Deploying Foundation Models efficiently
- Modularization, Control Flow Architectures, and other research trends
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Building LLM-powered Apps: What You Need to Know
- Percy Liang: Evaluating Language Models
- Hagay Lupesko: Custom Foundation Models
- Jakub Zavrel: Uncovering and Highlighting AI Trends
- Raymond Perrault: 2023 AI Index
- Dylan Patel: The Open Source Stack Unleashing a Game-Changing AI Hardware Shift
- Pablo Villalobos: Exhaustion of High-Quality Data Could Slow Down AI Progress in Coming Decades
- Roy Schwartz: Efficient Methods for Natural Language Processing
- Connor Leahy and Yoav Shoham: Large Language Models
- Mark Chen of OpenAI: How DALL·E work
If you enjoyed this episode, please support our work by encouraging your friends and colleagues to subscribe to our newsletter: