The Data Exchange Podcast: Mikio Braun and Ben Lorica on tools, models, applications, and risks to look out for in 2021.
Subscribe: Apple • Android • Spotify • Stitcher • Google • RSS.
In this episode of the Data Exchange, our special correspondent and editor Jenn Webb organized a mini-panel composed of myself and my podcast co-organizer Mikio Braun. We began our conversation by taking a look back at some of the trends we highlighted from last year which included applications of reinforcement learning, end-to-end machine learning platforms, and many other. This year we organized trends in the following categories:
- Tools for building and managing machine learning and AI applications.
- Foundational data technologies.
- (Cloud) Computing and Hardware.
- Emerging trends in AI.
This episode provides a sneak peak to a formal report that comes out on January 27, 2021. Click on the link below to receive a free copy of our 2021 Trends in Data and AI report.
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Ben and Mikio Braun: “Key AI and Data Trends for 2020”
- Paco Nathan and Ben Lorica in conversation with Jenn Webb: “Tools for scaling machine learning”
- Dan Geer and Andrew Burt: “Security and privacy for the disoriented”
- Navigate the road to Responsible AI
- One Simple Chart: most companies use multiple cloud providers
- AI and Automation meets BI
- The Ideal Foundation for a General Purpose Serverless Platform
- Take the AI in Healthcare Industry Survey and get a free pass to the Healthcare NLP Summit 2021.
[Image: Canon EOS-1 with Canon EF USM Super Telephoto L lens as observation deck – Hong Kong – 12 April 2013 from Wikimedia.]