Simon Chan on the evolution of AI, Cloud Computing, and Business Collaboration software.
Subscribe: Apple • Spotify • Stitcher • Google • AntennaPod • Podcast Addict • Amazon • RSS.
Simon Chan is the General Partner at Firsthand Alliance, a venture capital fund focused on the future of B2B and enterprise software. We explore the evolution of AI, cloud computing, and business collaboration tools, revealing how a new generation of generative AI technologies is enabling applications to generate content and drive transformative innovation across various industries.
Interview highlights – key sections from the video version:
- His previous startup (PredictionIO) and other early MLOps solutions
- MLOps and Enterprises: lessons learned at Salesforce
- What is First Hand Alliance focused on?
- Categories that Simon is actively investing in right now
- Startups that focus on specific verticals
- AI infrastructure opportunities
- Data engineering opportunities
- A video version of this conversation is available on our YouTube channel.
- Building LLM-powered Apps: What You Need to Know
- Jakub Zavrel: Uncovering and Highlighting AI Trends
- Hagay Lupesko: Custom Foundation Models
- Percy Liang: Evaluating Language Models
- Dylan Patel: The Open Source Stack Unleashing a Game-Changing AI Hardware Shift
- Peter Norvig and Alfred Spector: Data Science and AI in Context
- Chris Wiggins: How Data and AI Happened
- Brandon Jenkins: How technology is disrupting the venture capital industry
- Pablo Villalobos: Exhaustion of High-Quality Data Could Slow Down AI Progress in Coming Decades
If you enjoyed this episode, please support our work by encouraging your friends and colleagues to subscribe to our newsletter:
[Image: SaaS – by Ben Lorica.]